The Cast of Dads were cooking with gas in this week’s show as we stir the pot around the discussion of dads as the family cook. Â There has been some heated discussion about this topic on the Interwebs, prompted by an ill-fated attempt by a well knownÂ spaghettiÂ sauce brand to reach out to “daddy bloggers.” Â While we do recap some of the events of “Spaghetti Gate,” we don’t dwell on it and actually spend most of the show sharing our thoughts on cooking and food. In fact, I am getting hungry just thinking about it…
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Ragu Hates Dads?
- Stereotypes of dads still being embraced by brands
- Cooking is a life skill that all kids should learn
- Where did WE learn to cook?
- Baking vs. Cooking
- The difference betweenÂ BBQingÂ and Grilling
- Beautiful time of year for sports
- Maker Faire
- The panic of losing a child for a few minutes
- Chuck Eâ€™ Cheese
- Oregonâ€™s new high school sporting event rules upsetting many
- FootlooseÂ (the original, not that remake crap that is coming out)
- Anyone want a Beagle?
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Hillbilly Tea
- ABC Kids Expo
- Pappy 23 Bourbon
- Weâ€™d LOVE to go toÂ The Kentucky Derby
- Animals peeing
If you have been enjoying the Cast of Dads podcast, please tell your friends about the show and have them subscribe to eitherÂ our direct feedÂ orÂ via iTunes. Â Also, pleaseÂ leave us a review in iTunes!
Cast of Dads is a group of podcasting and blogging dads who gather to gab about fatherhood. The cast of dads includesÂ C.C. Chapman,Â Jeffrey Sass,Â Max Kalehoff,Â Michael Sheehan, andÂ Brad Powell, who collectively represent 13 kids from the youngest of babies to full grown adults. Each of them brings a unique perspective to being a father.
Jeff SassÂ is the proud dad of ZEO (Zach, 23, Ethan, 21 and Olivia, 20). Â He is also a seasoned entertainment and technology exec and active social media enthusiast. Â You can see more of Jeffâ€™s writing atÂ Sassholes!Â andÂ Social Networking RehabÂ and you can listen to Jeff on theÂ Cast of DadsÂ podcast.